Sunday, March 8, 2009

Changes Coming

Obviously I've fallen out of the habit of updating this blog every other day. It's not really that necessary, so I've decided to switch to once a week instead. I'll go back to updating more often if I ever feel motivated too, but I haven't had as much time or motivation lately, so instead I'll stick with every Sunday.

Last Wednesday my parents called all my teachers about my interim report, and boy were they mad. I don't think this quarter's grades will be all that bad, but my teachers told them about assignments I've missed and how much I've been falling asleep in class. Of course my parents made everything into a much bigger deal than it has to be, so now they're really on my back about completing assignments. Things like this never last more than a week, usually not that long, and they're not really mad at me anymore, as long as I cooperate for awhile.

Still, it's true that I have fallen into a very bad habit, and that is the habit of wasting time. I've been staying up too late, sleeping in too late, and spending my afternoons and evenings sleeping or reading random things online or just being inactive. I've got things to do! I have to work on things for Khai, I have music of my own to write and record, I've got classes to not fail, and most importantly I have sleep to be gotten.

It's gotten dramatically warmer these last couples days (we had a snow day and bitterly cold temperatures just last Monday, if you'll recall), today I wore a regular long-sleeve shirt and almost felt too warm. So in honor of that, I'm turning over a new leaf. The plan is very simple: go to bed on time, use my free time to do things that I want to do. Guitar, Chestnut Juno, One Knight Stand, school. And sleep. It's really bad how little sleep I've been getting.

LAST WEEK:
Today we saw a traditional Irish concert. The first half was amazing, solo violinist and guitarist, the second half was okay, Irish vocal music (but they talked too much and were really full of themselves). Yesterday was work. Chamber choir had a performance which I did not attend, because we are embarrassingly unprepared and I didn't want to show my face with the group, but luckily I had to work so that will be my excuse. Prior to that was school, time wasting, parental lecturing, etc.

THIS WEEK:
Rachel is coming on Tuesday for spring break! I'll be spending as much time with her as possible until Saturday when she leaves. Also, I'll be enacting the "new deal" as described above.

See you next week.

_Dr. M

2 comments:

Hector Chavez said...

i usually mention how i never blog in my blogs. i updated yesterday.

i've been pretty productive lately, but i waste time too.

Louise is said...

heeeeey!!! sorry I've neglected you.
T you have sooo much to say. Your life is fun. buuut sleep more and do your assignments.
k, nuff being a mum!
do you have any siblings?